So What Can I throw away?
Use this page to help understand which items are classified as acceptable waste and which items we are not legally allowed to haul. If you still are unsure about a certain item, please call us at (636) 671-7800 and we will gladly answer any questions.
We are not a hazardous waste carrier. Therefore, the following items are strictly prohibited and, if found, will either be returned to the customer or the customer will be charged a disposal fee.
- Pesticides and/or Solvents of any kind
- Oil Cans or Oil Drums
- Highly Flammable
- Toxic or Hazardous materials
- Electronics (tv's, computers, parts, radios)*
- Telephone poles and/or railroad ties*
*Contact Green City Waste & Recycle Solutions for alternative disposal methods.
If you are a resident of St. Louis City, St. Louis County or Jefferson County, please visit www.HHWSTL.com for disposal options of many of these unacceptable items.
*Recycling options are available for the asterisked items. Please contact our office for custom pricing information.
- Mixed Use
- Household waste
- Construction Debris
- Remodeling waste
- Bath and Kitchen tear outs
- Yard waste* (Must not be mixed with any other debris, the landfill will not accept a mixed load. If the load is discovered to be mixed, we will need to return the dumpster to the customer for unloading)
- Heavy Materials (scheduled in advance):
Additional Charges which may apply:
We try to be as transparent as possible with our pricing. Please understand the costs associated with the following situations:
- Additional Rental Days over 7-day rental period: $10/day
- Additional Tonnage over quoted weight allowance: $50 each ton over (pro-rated basis)
- Over Allowed Fill Line (unable to be tarped safely): $50
- No Haul Fee (dumpster is blocked or unable to be hauled safely): $105
- Relocate on Site (customer error on placement): $105
- Yard waste mixed with trash debris: $150
- Railroad tie mix with trash debris: $150
- Tire disposal: $30/each tire